William Peter Blatty, The Exorcist, 
Gena Showalter, The Darkest Night: Lords of the Underworld, 
29. The Time Traveller (for so it will be convenient to speak of him) was expounding a recondite matter to us.
H.G. Wells, The Time Machine, 
30. The best day of my life happened when I was five and almost died at Disney World.
Libba Bray, Going Bovine,  My Review | My Teaser Tuesday |Book Website
31. Nobody was really surprised when it happened, not really, not on the subconscious level where savage things grow.
Stephen King, Carrie,  (My edition is just "Carrie"- The list of Stephen King's previous books on the inside cover amount to a measly five! LOL)
32. Last Night I dreamt I went to Manderly again.
Daphne DuMaurier, Rebecca, 
33. Two former loves of Molly Lane stood waiting outside the crematorium chapel with their backs to the February chill.
Ian McEwan, Amsterdam, 
34. It was the afternoon of my eighty-first birthday, and I was in bed with my catamite when Ali announced that the archbishop had come to see me.
Anthony Burgess, Earthly Powers, 
35. When Mr Bilbo Baggins of Bag End announced that he would shortly be celebrating his eleventy-first birthday with a party of special magnificence, there was much talk and excitement in Hobbiton.
JRR Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring, 
36. One morning, as Gregor Samsa was waking up from anxious dreams, he discovered that in bed he had been changed into a monstrous verminous bug.
Franz Kavka, Metamorphosis, [1912 ]
37. It's way too early in the morning for dead people.
James Patterson and Howard Roughman, You've Been Warned, 
38. The funny thing about facing imminent death is that it really snaps everything else into perspective.
James Patterson, Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment, 
39. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way. [Oh, c'mon - what's not to love about this?]
Charles Dickens, Tale of Two Cities, 
What's your Thursday 13?
Alternative-Read.com: The "Inside Story" by Sassy Brit and her Gang!
~http://www.twibes.com/group/READERSandREVIEWERS~Chat and Promo Group~WHAT'S ON YOUR DESK WEDNESDAY? Book Blog Meme!~We are actively seeking staff!~ FaceBook~ LibraryThing~ AmazonUK~ GoodReads~Technorati Categories:Book Review, FREE Books, Competition, Blog,Media, Press Release, Author,Podcast, Interview,Book News, Reviews,Reviewers, WitchGiggles, Aris, Lucille Perkins Robinson, Devlin O'Neill, Clayton Bye,Angelika Devlyn, Michael,Ella Blackhart, Bo Perkins,Giveaway,Yahoo Group, Guest Blog, Publisher, Newsletter, Stumbleupon, MySpace, Promo, alternative-read.com