REVIEW: Drowning Rapunzel by Annette Gisby from eXcessica Publishing - Alternative-Read.com

REVIEW: Drowning Rapunzel by Annette Gisby from eXcessica Publishing


Title: Drowning Rapunzel
Author: Annette Gisby
Website of Author:
Website of Publisher: www.excessica.com
Genre: Romance, Suspense
Publication Date: 2009
Length: Novel
Format: eBook
Reviewer: WitchGiggles
Alternative-Read.com


Getting a job as a secretary to a painter doesn't usually happen in the manner as it does to Beth Gregory, but since the job was imperative, oddity in one's boss can be a plus, since she's a bit of
an oddity herself. if she can stay out of the loony bin and stay alive, then her visions will have accomplished something other than getting her committed.

Josh Warrington has made a bit of a name for himself as a painter,but Beth is the model he wants for his Rapunzel painting for his latest showing of Fairytale works. What he hadn't planned on was falling for her and becoming involved in the murder mystery she's become a suspect in. Things are not always what they appear and impressions are sometimes fallible.

I was surprised at how quickly I became enmeshed in finding out who, what, when and why in this intricately crafted tale of love and murder. It's always pleasing to me when a book just kind of reaches out and grabs you making you read until the questions are answered. Although this is a romance, it is also something written along the lines of the old Hitchcockian themes where clues are given, but you're so involved that they escape until the end when it suddenly makes
sense and you go "I should have figured that out". A real treat to read.


REVIEW: Drowning Rapunzel by Annette Gisby from eXcessica Publishing REVIEW: Drowning Rapunzel by Annette Gisby from eXcessica Publishing Reviewed by WitchGiggles on 9:20 am Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. I am loving this review...

    I remember seeing the cover and I thought - oh dear god, how ugly - I am fickle enough to say I passed on this book because of the cover art..

    However i love a suspense romance - so i am off to get this one...

    Thank you for making me eat my thoughts - I am looking forward to reading this one..

    E.H>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would just like to thank you for reviewing my book, Drowning Rapunzel. I know there are thousands of books out there for people to read and reviews really help get the word out :)

    And EH, I liked the cover myself, but everyone's taste is different :)

    Thanks again,
    Annette Gisby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a sassy comment. It's truly appreciated. I aim to get back to you as soon as possible -- Sassy :)

Alternative-Read.com. Powered by Blogger.