REVIEW: Grave Witch by Kalayna Price | ROC| - Alternative-Read.com

REVIEW: Grave Witch by Kalayna Price | ROC|

Grave Witch by Kalayna Price
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Series. Alex Craft #1

Reviewed by Blodeuedd
Alternative-Read.com
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Synopsis from Goodreads:
Grave witch Alex Craft can speak to the dead, but that doesn’t mean she likes what they have to say . . . 

As a private investigator and consultant for the police, Alex Craft has seen a lot of dark magic. But even though she’s on good terms with Death himself—who happens to look fantastic in a pair of jeans—nothing has prepared her for her latest case. Alex is investigating a high profile murder when she’s attacked by the ‘shade’ she’s raising, which should be impossible. To top off her day, someone makes a serious attempt on her life, but Death saves her. Guess he likes having her around . . . 

To solve this case Alex will have to team up with tough homicide detective Falin Andrews. Falin seems to be hiding something—though it’s certainly not his dislike of Alex—but Alex knows she needs his help to navigate the tangled webs of mortal and paranormal politics, and to track down a killer wielding a magic so malevolent, it may cost Alex her life .

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I must say that Kalayna Price's first Alex Craft book was entertaining, but it got really good at the end, so much so, I got truly curious and excited about reading the next in the series.

Alex is a Grave Witch and can raise shades, not ghosts, but lingering shadows, and because of this she is pulled into something darker. Someone is killing people and now that person is after her too. To her help she has a detective, Falin, who anyone would get at once is the love interest. Sure I like him, he sounds hot and after these two have worked through their issues with each other things might happen. But yes there is someone else too and someone who I sure have my fingers crossed for; Death. When he showed up at the scene I was smitten at once. He did not say much but I am obviously on his team. Since she talks to the dead she sees him around a lot and what is there not to like.

This book has a lot of questions in it. Who to trust? What is going on? Who is the bad guy and who exactly is Falin? Not to mention, Death. There is also things happening all the time so no chance to grow bored here.

The world is also interesting as the Fae and witches came out a few decades ago and now they all live together. Not peacefully but getting by. We do not learn that much about the Fae but I would like to know more, since they keep to themselves.

All in all a good book, that got even better. I do want to read more and keep my hopes up for Death. I just hope Alex sees it, too.

A nice debut to a series that hopefully will keep on getting better since she sure seems to know how to twist things around.

View all our reviews


### 
Join our chat over at the Yahoo Chat and Promo group! (and claim your free e-books!) No promos allowed on Mondays-Fridays unless you are an affiliate author.
###
Author Promos: Also featured at top spot on blog (above the fold) and on most of the feeds sent out to email subscribers. For more info

Jan 2012 Book Cover Award WINNER!
REVIEW: Grave Witch by Kalayna Price | ROC| REVIEW: Grave Witch by Kalayna Price | ROC| Reviewed by Blodeuedd on 10:06 am Rating: 5

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for your review, Blodeuedd! Glad you enjoyed it. Death sounds oddly attractive! LOL  @Blodeuedd83

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked Death, really :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review Blodeuedd....i am adding this series to my list

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo Death as a love interest could be really fun! I think I would be smitten with him as well, I'm a sucker for a bad boy and Death is kind of the epitome of that isn't he? Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is sure the original bad boy :) And I love when he is all sexy and mysterious in books. Makes my heart skip

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bridget anachronist5:11 pm

    Death written by Terry Pratchett wasn't bad either but I've heard this one is more...er...fleshy. A nice review, my lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ladybug7:12 pm

    Great review, B :) The description somehow reminded me a tiny bit of Graveyard Queen by Amanda Stevens(which I loved).

    I'm not sure if you guys are aware but I cannot see the top of the review because of the follower widget. Just thought I would let you know(I'm using Google Crome btw).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Pratchett's death, and the kid he had, awww. So cute. But yes this death has more than bones

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the same problem actually, I can't see it either :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. notanotherbookblog9:46 pm

    I liked Death as well in this book - hoping I can start reading Grave Dance soon too! Enjoyed the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooo! I want to read this one.  This is exactly why I want to read it.  You make is sound so awesome and reminding me what I'm missing.  I have this one on the shelf too! Eeeep! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope it is good too :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do hope you like it then :D Especially when you already got it ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a sassy comment. It's truly appreciated. I aim to get back to you as soon as possible -- Sassy :)

Alternative-Read.com. Powered by Blogger.