AR DISCLAIMER - Alternative-Read.com

AR DISCLAIMER

Disclaimer: As an independent review site, AR is honest, trustworthy and beholden to nobody. Therefore, in an effort to ensure our readers are provided with the knowledge they should have when making a decision to purchase a product after reading a review here on AR, and to abide by the FTC rules (as we understand them), and for the protection of AR, myself and my staff, I declare that we do receive free products for review, which are classed as "compensation" and "sponsored"  - whether payment has passed hands or not. Positive reviews are also classed as endorsements, and unless we stop writing positive reviews I am afraid there is no getting around this one! Reviewers keep the books they review, which they have chosen themselves from an available review database. This free donation does not affect each individual reviewers opinion, nor does it guarantee a positive review. We do take paid advertising & donations, but again, this does not affect the outcome of the review. All express reviews are implemented by myself as part of my freelancing work, and will also be declared as sponsored, but again, payment for an express review is received as a stipend for the quickness of the review, not for a positive one. We have a loyal readership who have become to expect honest reviews, whether they are positive or not.  Our full disclaimer is coming soon at the main AR site.

Sassy Brit, Owner, Alternative-Read.com (Main Site).

Added: With regard to the FTC, If I've totally got the wrong end of the stick...please do let me know - I could do with the help! :)

Added: Monday, 18th Jan 2010

It's really annoying me with our line "sponsored" review, and I'm now beginning to think that is unnecessary and also misleading in itself. So, as from today I'm not adding that line to all our reviews. Here is my new explanation to why, below:

1. I am allowed to receive a review copy of a book I have been asked to review. This does not have to be disclosed.

2. I am allowed to review a book I have purchased. This does not have to be disclosed.

3. I am allowed to receive payment for services like expediting a review (the review itself is still free). This does not have to be disclosed.

4. I can link to any site I want to, including my own store. This does not have to be disclosed (unless I earn income, in which case the procedure remains the same: I declare my income when I submit my annual tax report).

5. I am allowed to charge an individual for a review (something I don't do), but I must disclose I am being compensated for said review.

Thus, number 5 is the only difference I could find in the new regulations.

Thank you, Clayton for your help with this. If anyone knows any different, please do drop me a line. As you can see, I am trying! :) 


Alternative-Read.com: The "Inside Story" by Sassy Brit and her Gang!
~http://www.twibes.com/group/READERSandREVIEWERS~Chat and Promo Group~WHAT'S ON YOUR DESK WEDNESDAY? Book Blog Meme!~We are actively seeking staff! faceBook~ LibraryThing~ AmazonUK~ GoodReads~ Technorati Categories:, , , ,, , ,, ,, ,, , , , , ,, ,, ,,, , , , , , ,

AR DISCLAIMER AR DISCLAIMER Reviewed by Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com on 1:03 pm Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a sassy comment. It's truly appreciated. I aim to get back to you as soon as possible -- Sassy :)

Alternative-Read.com. Powered by Blogger.