MONDAY: Musings/Mailbox/Reading? - Alternative-Read.com

MONDAY: Musings/Mailbox/Reading?


Musing Mondays


Hosted by Gautami! Do you have your own idea of what constitutes proper library etiquette? Is there anything you always try to do? Anything you hate when others do?

The main thing for me is to keep a library silent. Respecting other reader's need for silence is the top of my list. My biggest pet hate are people who cannot remember to turn off their mobile phones! Or at least switch them over to silent! They will of course get told off by the librarian, but for some people that is not really a deterrent. More of a giggle. Grrr!

Mailbox Monday




Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page, In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren and New Crayons is hosted by Color Online. All three which are related to books you receive in the past week. Roughly the rules are the same for all three:

RECEIVED:
Southcrop Forest - by Lorne Rothman --  Fiction / Children / Science / Ecology
Sex Dungeon For Sale!- by Patrick Wensink -- BIZARRO FICTION!
As I was Cutting - by L.V. Rautenbaumgrabner - What a name! BIZARRO FICTION!



What Are You Reading?


A weekly event hosted by J. Kaye’s Book Blog to discuss your reading week ~ the books you've read and those you plan on reading in the coming week.

The Year End:
As this year draws to a close I am busy going through all the reviews we (AR as a group), have either outstanding, or ready to post but not published to the blog. So, on a personal note, I am not picking up any new books myself, but finishing those I have left to complete. As I work like a little Christmas Elf, behind the scenes.

There are still plenty of reviews expected to be published from now until the New Year. More than enough to keep at least a-review-a-day appearing on the site. So no fears there!

I'm also busy working on some new features, and collecting a list of future books that we have been asked to review in 2010. I find this quite exciting. Not sure why, because it's really no different to what we normally do. I guess it's the thought of Christmas coming, and a New Year with so many expectations - around the corner!

Oh, yes! I'm in a holiday mood. :)

Tell us about your Monday!
Sassy
:)
Alternative-Read.com: The "Inside Story" by Sassy Brit and her Gang!
~http://www.twibes.com/group/READERSandREVIEWERS~Chat and Promo Group~WHAT'S ON YOUR DESK WEDNESDAY? Book Blog Meme!~We are actively seeking staff!~ FaceBook~ LibraryThing~ AmazonUK~ GoodReads~ Technorati Categories:, , , ,, , ,, ,, ,, , , , , ,, ,, ,,, , , , , , ,

MONDAY: Musings/Mailbox/Reading? MONDAY: Musings/Mailbox/Reading? Reviewed by Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com on 12:57 pm Rating: 5

3 comments:

  1. I am unfamiliar with these books, but I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha sex dungeon for fun sound like one strange book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment, DCMetroReader :) I hope so too.

    Haha! I haven't read it yet, but it's Bizarro fiction, and I've seen an excerpt -- and like both so far...

    (Just making dinner but I will be back to comment on your blogs after -- I've had my afters!)

    Sassy
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a sassy comment. It's truly appreciated. I aim to get back to you as soon as possible -- Sassy :)

Alternative-Read.com. Powered by Blogger.