Musing Monday: Where 'art thou? - Alternative-Read.com

Musing Monday: Where 'art thou?

Musing Mondays (BIG)
Do you keep a book wishlist, either on paper, Amazon/etc, or via a book database site (Shelfari, GoodReads, LibraryThing)? If yes, do you share this list with others (especially coming up to Christmas)?
Hosted by Rebecca's Just One More Page...

Oh, goodness, I've belonged to Shelfari, since March 2007, GoodReads, since March 2008, and I've recently also joined LibraryThing in June. I have to say that out of all them I find LibraryThing the best place to catalogue all my books first (and my wishlist.) So, that's what I have started to do. 

There you'll find every book that comes into my house, whether it is from my own private collection, or one for AR to review. I've always been quite anal about cataloguing my own books, but never found the  right place to do it, until now. LibraryThing is fantastic for that. You can add so much more personal information, wishlists, and separate the books into different 'Library shelves', which means I can show off books I have in my personal collection to read and review, and also those that have been sent to me to review via AR. 

Eventually, I do add them to, (or in some cases plan to) the other sites mentioned above, including BookArmy, Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk -- although I get a bit fed up with Amazon UK not publishing my reviews straight away. I always seem to be emailing to ask them 'what the problem is this time?' They are very picky with what is written.  They don't like the mention of my website in the profile, and pick up on words within the review like 'sex' even if it is only to say "there's no lewd sex" in a book. I am always making sure that I've kept to the rules, and they still hold back my reviews - sometimes for weeks, until they have kept them so long I have to re-write them!  Now, that is REALLY annoying! OK, um, I seem to have gone off topic. Rant over! 


By the way, the BookArmy Link goes to a new group I made: Book Bloggers Unite! If you're on BookArmy, please do check it out.


Do you have a wishlist?  

Sassy
:)


Alternative-Read.com: The "Inside Story" by Sassy Brit and her Gang!
~http://www.twibes.com/group/READERSandREVIEWERS~Chat and Promo Group~WHAT'S ON YOUR DESK WEDNESDAY? Book Blog Meme!~We are actively seeking staff!~ FaceBook~ LibraryThing~ AmazonUK~ GoodReads~ Technorati Categories:, , , ,, , ,, ,, ,, , , , , ,, ,, ,,, , , , , , ,

Musing Monday: Where 'art thou? Musing Monday: Where 'art thou? Reviewed by Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com on 11:32 am Rating: 5

5 comments:

  1. I write down my wish list in my personal Journal!

    Mondays: Musings/Readings/Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, when I think about it, I also have my Friday Finds listed here and most of them should be added to my wishlist, too. I also have notebooks for various projects, I love them, but I have surprised myself with not having one for this. Ummm. Just checking my temperature --- there must be something wrong!

    Thanks for your coment gautami, I'm coming over now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never got to like librarything, dunno why. Shelfari is ok but I really like Goodreads. it's easy to navigate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't. I'm not particularly good at cataloging. But I did buy some nifty software. Here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Blodeuedd,

    That's not the first time I have heard that - people preferring GoodReads over LibraryThing. I do like GoodReads, too, I just like the way I can act the 'little librarian' and catalogue them! LOL

    Actually, when I worked for a school, I catalogued many of their books. I think many thought that was such a dull job, but crazily I loved to take the time and care to do it right, and of course being surrounded by books! Not everyone's cup of tea. :)

    Hi, BlueStocking,

    Oh, software? *Geeky eyes light up!* I'm popping over! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a sassy comment. It's truly appreciated. I aim to get back to you as soon as possible -- Sassy :)

Alternative-Read.com. Powered by Blogger.