PROMO: When Dreams Come True by Pat Cromwell (I/R) PG Excerpt - Alternative-Read.com

PROMO: When Dreams Come True by Pat Cromwell (I/R) PG Excerpt


Genre: I/R Romance

Blurb
Chris is jaded. Finally free from an abusive relationship, she has adopted a love-them-and-
leave-attitude when it comes to men. The last thing she wants is to get involved emotionally with Kenneth, however she has no qualms pursuing a no strings attached relationship. After all, he's drop dead gorgeous, with sexy deep blue eyes, and a personality that is off the charts charming.

Kenneth, however, has other plans. His quest is to mend a broken heart and make all her dreams come true.

The minute he saw Chris, he made his intentions clear that he wanted more than a casual affair. A straight shooter, Kenneth pursues Chris with a sometimes comical edge, but always with a determination to overcome their biggest obstacle – Chris's steadfast refusal to believe that love at first sight is real and that he is serious when he says he loves her and is the man of her dreams.

But how do you convince someone, who has been hurt in the past, that the flame he's carrying for you now is meant to give warmth and not to burn? Will he succeed at convincing her that when dreams come true nothing will be left of yesterday's pain?


Excerpt

"You're going to be difficult aren't you?"

"Yes, but you will be amazed and…satisfied."

"Okay, this isn't working. Let's start over and I'll go first."

"Absolutely, you go first. I'm a firm believer in women first."

She couldn't help but smile at that one. It was not very original,but it was a nice tidbit to store in her memory bank. She bit her lower lip and decided to wave the proverbial white flag of surrender.

"Professor Ingram, I'd like to apologize for my outburst."

"That's not necessary. You never have to apologize to me for any outburst you make," he said slyly.

She squinted and then frowned. "Excuse me?" She hoped her voice carried enough indignation to make his toes would curl.

"Any statements you make in class. I welcome any and all discussion."

"Still, I think it only appropriate that I apologize. My mind was somewhere else."

"Was it on this morning?" He held a pen in his hand and slowly ran it slowly back and forth across his lower lip.

"Of course not; I thought you were rude this morning. I didn't give it a second thought," she lied.

"Little liar. Sure you did." He tilted his head to the side to get a closer look at her form in the jeans she wore. "I like your pants."

"I think I'd better go."

"Do I make you nervous?"

"Yes you do. I'm sure there is a law or rule or something against what you're doing."

"What am I doing?"

"You are harassing me," she responded point-blank. Those drama classes she took as a freshman were finally paying off.

"No. I complimented your jeans." He nodded his head towards her derriere.

"You were leering at me and you touched me in an inappropriate manner this morning." Oscar performance, she thought.

"All I did was say hello," he said innocently.

"It's the way you said hello."

"I don't understand. Hello is...Hello."

"You touched me." To bring the point all the way home, she straightened her back and pointed her chin out—military training via ROTC in high school.

"I brushed against you."

"No sir. You touched me. And you know you touched me."

"Okay, Chris. I touched you. If you say so, I touched you."

"You did."

"Okay, let's not belittle the point. Did you like it?" There was definitely a dare in his question despite the innocent manner in which he spoke.


END EXCERPT



PROMO: When Dreams Come True by Pat Cromwell (I/R) PG Excerpt PROMO: When Dreams Come True by Pat Cromwell (I/R) PG Excerpt Reviewed by Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com on 9:25 am Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a sassy comment. It's truly appreciated. I aim to get back to you as soon as possible -- Sassy :)

Alternative-Read.com. Powered by Blogger.