WELCOME: About Me - Alternative-Read.com

WELCOME: About Me


Welcome to my online home!



My name is Sassy Brit, and I am an independent reviewer and freelance writer. I started this site with the intention of promoting my own work, whilst reviewing for other people every now and then. However, before anyone can say 'books-a-bound', a part-time hobby turned into an all-consuming passion, and since June 2005 this site has seen many changes. Meet my Gang!

As a book and film fanatic with a keen interest in scouring the shelves for that something different I always have a book attached to me in some form or other. If not reading, I'm watching a film, or trying out a new notebook...Crazy, but I love them! I'm officially a notebook nerd.

My love for world cinema is forever growing. I have many favourite foreign films, too many to mention them all;
  • Run Lola Run (Germany), directed by Tom Tykwer
  • The Grudge (Japan), directed by Takashi Shimizu
  • The Matrix (America) directed by The Wachowski Brothers
  • The Ring (Japan), directed by Nanako Matsushima
  • Requium for a Dream (America) directed by Darren Aronofsky
  • American History X (America) directed by British Tony Kaye
  • The Double Life of Veronique (Polish) directed by Krzysztof Kieslowski
  • The Limey (America) directed by Steven Soderbergh
  • Apocalypse Now (America) directed by Francis Ford Coppola
Okay, so America is not quite classed as world cinema these days, but I am British!

Excellent British films have to incude:
  • 28 Days Later directed by Danny Boyle
  • Dog Soldiers directed by Neil Marshall
  • Sexy Beast directed by Johnathan Glazer
  • Shallow Grave directed by Danny Boyle
  • Hot Fuzz by Edgar Wright
  • Shaun of the Dead by Edgar Wright
Adaptations:
  • Mulholland Drive directed by David Lynch
  • The Bourne Identity directed by Doug Liman
  • Road to Perdition directed by Sam Mendes
  • Confessions of a Dangerous Mind directed by George Clooney
  • The Rules of Attraction directed by Roger Avary
So, here I am, eager to promote books and other products with a difference (hence the 'alternative' theme). Yes, I've reviewed more than just books and I love gadgets.
Items include, but are not limited to:
  • audio and ebooks
  • computer software
  • DVD's
  • electrical items
  • games
  • Indie horror film productions
  • Music CD's
As you can see, anything goes. Check these featured products out!

Proud member of:



Contact me


If you have a product or service you'd like reviewed or maybe you'd like me to host a giveaway, or post your press release to this site, please get in touch to pitch your idea.

For giveaways I usually prefer to contact you with the winner's information and you then send the prize out. I much prefer this option as it saves on postage, especially when I live in England, and many of our giveaways are based in America. If you do chose to dispatch the items yourself, please confirm which locations you will send to.

As part of the review I will generally place a picture of the product, or a button in my sidebar, for that extra buzz.

I enjoy writing reviews and posting my findings to this blog, but it wouldn't be so much fun without my readers. So, this blog is for you! I am truly honoured to have your support and enjoy reading and responding to your comments.

Thank you!

Sassy
:)

WELCOME: About Me WELCOME: About Me Reviewed by Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com on 8:47 pm Rating: 5

18 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:22 pm

    Great review site and reviews. I absolutely enjoyed reading the reviews and would buy the books just to see how they unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:18 am

    Wow! This is an awesome website... Thank you for the great work you are doing for all of us readers around the world.


    Tom Rassiter
    Rassiter Romance Research
    Sandpoint, ID
    USA
    http://www.Drive-Your-Man-Wild.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO COOL, Sissy! I'd love to send you a review copy of a book that I think would dovetail beautifully with your interests. Could you please email me at julie@jkscommunications.com and let me know how I can get it to you, if you're open to that? Thanks for following me on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SAssy, I mean - think I mistyped:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, thanks Julie,

    Email sent. :)

    Chat soon!

    Sassy
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Milissa12:52 am

    I am so intrigued by this site - as strange as it may seem I am new to the inernet :) Anyway, I am an aspiring writer, an editor (medical at the moment) and if I could spend my life doing nothing but reading and writing I would. I will be spenging a lot of time here I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your kind words, Milissa!

    Ooh, a newbie on the Internet, well, I am very pleased to meet you and hope you enjoy your stay here.

    Sassy
    :0

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not so much into world cinema but love the list you have for British film. Loved 28 Days Later! I think you are doing a great job with your blog. It's a very interesting, busy looking blog. Always lots going on! Thanks for working so hard :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks very much, Carolyn!

    Yes, 28 Days Later, has got to be one of my all time favourites from a very long list -- too long to place above!

    Keep on blogging! I love your blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your taste in film! Sexy Beast, The Limey, Run Lola Run, Requiem for a Dream, Shaun of the Dead, Mulholland Drive etc. great movies.

    Have you senn In the Loop? It's LOL funny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Amy!

    Thanks. No, I haven't actually seen In the Loop, but it's one I know I can't miss out on forever!

    Looks like my kind of film with James Gandolfini, Tom Hollander and Steve Coogan.

    A foul-mouthed, political 'fly-on-the-wall satire' What more could a girl ask for?

    Sassy
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a sassy site! I love it and all that you guys have done here for authors and readers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your lovely comment, Stephen!

    I do appreciate it. Glad to see you here.

    Sassy
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sassy - I found you through Books are Breathing blog. I represent an author who has just written a self-help book for partners of sexual addicts. Your Sexually-Addicted Spouse: How Partners Can Cope and Heal is published by New Horizon Press and is available on Amazon.com. Would you be interested in reviewing the book? If this is too far out of the scope of book genres you like to review, can you possibly suggest other book review bloggers who might be interested? Many thanks, Robyn Carey Allgeyer, USA

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there Robyn,

    Did you get an email?

    Sassy
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your site is golden! I am definitely following it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anjana9:03 am

    Hi Sassy,

    Your site's great! I'm Anjana, Assistant Publicity Director of Entangled Select. I'd love to provide you a copy of MALICIOUS MISCHIEF, one of our latest release, for review. I can't seem to find your e-mail address here; could you please e-mail me at anjana@entangledpublishing.com ?

    Look forward to hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lauren Wills9:40 pm

    Try Chiliad by Simon Otius, on unhappened [dot] com. Not for everybody, in fact almost for nobody.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a sassy comment. It's truly appreciated. I aim to get back to you as soon as possible -- Sassy :)

Alternative-Read.com. Powered by Blogger.