245. Alternative UPDATE: Sassy explains it all - in easy to understand language - Alternative-Read.com

245. Alternative UPDATE: Sassy explains it all - in easy to understand language

Sadly the Easter holiday is over. Happily I can announce my ferocious writing schedule has been coaxed back to my den! Yay! And that's not all. This bright sunny morning I bounced out of bed, and cleaned the bathroom. In good ol' Flylady fashion, I then dressed to the shoes, fixed my hair and makeup and swiped the bathroom with my handy 'Standby cloth' I'd placed in position the night before.

Then, as if that wasn't crazy enough, I shined my sink, made the tea and sorted out the bottom of my wardrobe and three (yes, I said 3) underwear drawers -- take a breath -- all before I drank my tea and went to work (with a smile on my face, I must add!)

"Why? You mad woman!" I hear you ask.

The very thought of having things my way again, was enough to spur me on. Plain and simple. I have my life back! Hurrah!

Some things in life are meant to be. *Sigh*

"Here, kitty, kitty! Come to Mama!"


My Daily Random Question MUST READ:
-----------


If you recently went on holiday or had a break from work, have you got any hair left? Please post your answers to this ridiculously stupid question. I want to know! If you have - why - what's your secret?


The Happiness Manifesto:
-----------


(My way of calming down after a hard day of being SASSY ~ and part of my 43things to do list, which I'm writing here instead).

Today I'm grateful for:

1. Having my writing schedule back, of course! It's been one hell of a Easter Holiday, I'm honestly glad to go back to work. Pity it's my day off tomorrow.

2. That feeling of euphoria that floods my senses whenever I realise how lucky I am!

3. Watching Logan's Run (1976) again. Gee! That's embarrassing, but it's a great film, even if it was made in the seventies and starred Michael York, Jenny Agutter and Farrah Fawcett! (Top stars in their day - bit wrinkly now).

Welcome to the 23rd Century: A perfect world of total pleasure. With just one catch...

The only thing you can't have in Logan's world is your 30th birthday. Unless you run away.


That tagline doesn't do the film any justice. It's the year 2274 and they are all allowed to wear togas and crystals in the palm of their left hand. Seriously, though, this society of pleasure is a wonderful place to be. Or would be, if it were real. Until your crystal starts to blink and you must be expelled through a strange ritual in an arena event known as "carrousel". By doing this you will be reborn and have your soul renewed, and simply start the whole process all over again. Or so they are told by the Sandmen, the people who control them...

You must have guessed by now, it's one of my favourite films. It reminds me of a crappy one I saw recently...with Ewan McGregor and that blonde girl. Now, what was that called? Oh yes. The Island. I'm sure that's where they stole all their ideas.

Incidentally, Logan's Run was directed by directed by Michael Anderson and Michael Anderson Jr. acted in it, as 'The Doc'. (For those that know me, there's that name again! Anderson. It keeps appearing to me for no reason at all. Or does it? Maybe there's more meaning to it all...)

4. Coincidences. I love them. Sometimes they freak me out, but they're obviously a sign that there is more to life than we are lead to believe. Well, that's my opinion. And I'm sticking to it!

5. (And finally, snuck into the bottom of my list --) Deciding to give up smoking.

Again.

I hope nobody reads this, and then I won't have to keep to my word...

D-Day is this Saturday, and I'm already smoking more in anticpation of the thought.


Technorati Tags:
,
,
,
,
,
.






Click to join An_Alternative_Read

Readers! WIN FREE BOOKS in EXCLUSIVE members only 'book giveaways!'

245. Alternative UPDATE: Sassy explains it all - in easy to understand language 245. Alternative UPDATE: Sassy explains it all - in easy to understand language Reviewed by Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com on 8:17 pm Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a sassy comment. It's truly appreciated. I aim to get back to you as soon as possible -- Sassy :)

Alternative-Read.com. Powered by Blogger.