178. Alternative WRITING: My Crit Partner and I ~ - Alternative-Read.com

178. Alternative WRITING: My Crit Partner and I ~

My critique partner, Lynnette Marie Hand, is so motivating. Since we met on the Net about a year ago, she has been my rock, my shoulder to cry on, and above all my inspiration. It also helps that she has a steady supply of eChocs for my moments of weakness.

It's funny how we know so much about each other, yet we've only met in cyberspace. We live so far away, her in America and me in England, but we are so close in many other ways!

Currently we are both writing paranormal romances, which some may think is slushy twaddle, with a few ghosts thrown in. Not our writing, the genre!
Yes, I know what you're thinking, stories for old spinsters who live their love lives through books because they can't find it any other way. Well, I've got news for any narrow-minded buddies reading this – fans of Romance are smarter cookies than you think!

Readers are becoming increasingly demanding when it comes to adding to their book collections, as any author from any genre will tell you. The old-fashioned and stale cookie template of the Lord of the Manor who falls in love with the young peasant girl is no longer you can get hold of these days. A much wider, raunchier selection is available, although I won't go into all the categories here and now.

Yes, if you like that sort of romance it is still available, but authors are adaptable creatures with zest and an unlimited source of imagination. Or should that be saucy imagination? They know what their readers want, what’s popular and most importantly, what sells. You can't argue with the amount of women's fiction review sites there are on the Web right now! One of them, Euro-reviews, I even review, write a column and regular articles for, but if you know me, I guess you already know that. Plug. Plug.

Anyway, I digress. In this day and age extra spice is added. New and exciting non-stereotypical characters are stirred into the pot, I mean plot, and a completely new recipe for LOVE is rising steadily above the rest. Watch your fingers, they're sizzling, and selling like hotcakes!

If you'd like to find out more about Lynnette Marie Hand, and her amazing (non-slushy) work, please visit her blog here!

While I'm on the subject of food, here's an interesting fact. Did you know that in England, Christmas pudding and mince pies are banned on Christmas Day? It dates back to the time when that lovely puritan, Oliver Cromwell, enforced this law, and it has never, ever been changed!

Technorati Tags:
,
,
,
,
,

.
178. Alternative WRITING: My Crit Partner and I ~ 178. Alternative WRITING: My Crit Partner and I ~ Reviewed by Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com on 10:12 pm Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a sassy comment. It's truly appreciated. I aim to get back to you as soon as possible -- Sassy :)

Alternative-Read.com. Powered by Blogger.