REVIEW: Hellforged | Nancy Holzner - Alternative-Read.com

REVIEW: Hellforged | Nancy Holzner


Reviewed by Blodeuedd
Alternative-Read.com
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This is Nancy Holzner's second book about Vicky, a shapeshifter and demon slayer. If you have a problem with demons then she will come in and fix it, even while you dream if that's where they are haunting you. She is the girl to call. No job is too small.

I was not in love with book 1, it was good, but for some reason I had issues with it. But I still wanted to know what happened and here something showed up that gave me that drive to really want to know. Now I can't tell you because that is a spoiler. But it gets interesting when something bad happens..is happening...The stakes are high, the fight is on, there is drama and most of all, questions. Questions that made me sit up in my chair wanting to scream. I needed to know, and then I know. And then, well then I needed to see it finished. What can I say, something good happens (ok bad, but you get the picture). It's interesting and it will keep you turning the page faster and faster.

It's hard to say anything about this book without spoiling it all. Vicky will fight for her life again. Things are not easy in Boston. Her werewolf boyfriend is in DC trying to give everyone rights. The zombies in Deadtown are preparing for a concert and demons are popping up as usual.

Romance then, Kane is away in DC and she misses him. All while seeing the human cop Daniel, whom she also likes. But there is never a triangle going on. It's more that she is dating, Kane is always busy. But I did start to like Kane more in this one.

The book is better than the first in my opinion, and hopefully it will get better and better.


REVIEW: Hellforged | Nancy Holzner REVIEW: Hellforged | Nancy Holzner Reviewed by Blodeuedd on 12:32 pm Rating: 5

7 comments:

  1. I can't see the top of the post cos the gfc widget is all over it :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridgetanachronist3:30 pm

    I have the same problem with the gfc widget. And this book sounds like so many other books of this genre that I really don't know whether I would like to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was better than book 1, it just you gotta read that one first

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gfc is hiding top of review..eek gads..not sure how i feel about this one..great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to get this series.  I'm curious.  Sorry to hear you had troubles with the first book though.  Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, for me too :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was, well it just did not pull me in

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a sassy comment. It's truly appreciated. I aim to get back to you as soon as possible -- Sassy :)

Alternative-Read.com. Powered by Blogger.