TEASER TUES: 28th Dec, 2010 Dust | Joan Frances Turner | ZOMBIES! - Alternative-Read.com

TEASER TUES: 28th Dec, 2010 Dust | Joan Frances Turner | ZOMBIES!

This week's Teaser Tuesday;


My right arm fell off today. Lucky for me I'm left-handed.

Dust
Joan Frances Turner
Ace Books, New York
Pg 3 (1st page. Opening lines)
Check out the author's fantastic website! http://www.dustthenovel.com/

Excerpt:


My right arm fell off today. Lucky for me, I’m left-handed.
In the accident that killed me I rocketed from the back seat straight through the windshield–no seatbelt, yeah, I know–and the pavement sheared my arm to nothing below the shoulder. Not torn off, but dangling by thin, precious little bits of skin and bone and ligament. I had a closed casket, I’m sure of it, because they never wired the arm or glued it or any other pretty undertaker trick. I managed to crawl back out of the ground without its help anyway, and of course after nine perfectly uneventful years of fighting and dancing and hunting and getting by fine with the left arm, the right finally shuffles its coil right on the banks of the Great River County Park’s not-so-Great River, smack in the middle of a meat run. Joe, my boy, my backup, was not sympathetic in the least….


 
Teaser Tuesday, a blog meme hosted by MizB on Should Be Reading.
A weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 
What's your Teaser Tuesday?
Sassy
:)

Don't forget to check out the three great giveaways in the sidebar!  Soon to close in the new year!





TEASER TUES: 28th Dec, 2010 Dust | Joan Frances Turner | ZOMBIES! TEASER TUES: 28th Dec, 2010 Dust | Joan Frances Turner | ZOMBIES! Reviewed by Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com on 7:00 pm Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a sassy comment. It's truly appreciated. I aim to get back to you as soon as possible -- Sassy :)

Alternative-Read.com. Powered by Blogger.