Dewy's 24hr-Read-A-Thon-2009: Sum up! - Alternative-Read.com

Dewy's 24hr-Read-A-Thon-2009: Sum up!


I STAYED UP until 3.00am (although I read in bed from 1.30pm) then I slept until 6.00am and read in bed for the rest of the morning. Bliss! LOL

This update is a little late, but when Sunday 12.00 noon (the end of the read-a-thon) came around, I couldn't come online as I had lots of things to do. Gosh, I felt guilty enough! LOL

Weekends are very busy for me, but I do thank my husband for taking me seriously and giving me time alone for much of Saturday, by taking my son out for about six hours! I will catch up on comments and visit anyone who was kind enough to cheer me on over the coming days. It's actually school holidays here now, so my online schedule is going to be a little (lot!) messed up. Anyway, here is the closing Read-A-Thon challenge, which confirms how I got on, what I read, and answers a few questions that may help next year's read-a-thon.

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?

Around 1.00am, when I would have normally been tucked up in bed asleep. It was breaking the barrier that was tough! LOL

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?

I think James Patterson writes easy reads and because the chapters are very short, and always leave you hanging on for more, it's easy to rush through. Also, I know it's a matter of personal preference, but John Grisham books always seem to be fast paced and entertaining reads. Short non-fiction books break up large reads. Audio books. Are they allowed? I read/listened to two when I was unable to sit down on account of family and household responsibilities etc. They are good to keep going, and also keep you awake!

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

Can't think of any. I think all the staff did a wonderful job.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

This was my first Read-A-Thon, so I don't  have anything to go by, but I did like your mini-challenges. A great way to have a break.

5. How many books did you read?

2 Audios
3 Print books
4 eBooks
= 9  books in total!



6. What were the names of the books you read?

I Am Legend (S.F. Masterworks) - Richard Matheson -  (Audio)
Finished Thaw - Fiona Robyn - I was already on page 180/271
Where Angels Fear to Tread (Penguin Classics)- E. M. Forster (192 pages) 
The Awakening (Dover Thrift) - Kate Chopin - (128 pgs- eBook)
The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy: The Primary Phase (BBC Audiobooks) - Douglas Adams - Finished (Audio)
The Purloined Letter (Tale Blazers)- Edgar Allen Poe - Finished
Crystal Skulls: Emissaries of Healing and Sacred Wisdomby Marion Webb-De Sisto (177 pgs)
Crystal Companions: The Use of the Mineral Kingdom within Modern-Day Metaphysics Marion Webb-De Sisto (161 pgs)
The Fifth Horseman- James Patterson - almost finished at the time of the read-a-thon came to a close. Finished now.


7. Which book did you enjoy most?

That's difficult! I loved Thaw by Fiona Robyn, but I was so pleasantly surprised by The Awakening by Kate Chopin, I'd have to go with that. 



8. Which did you enjoy least?

I just can't say. I was lucky to enjoy all of them. Really! 


9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?

N/A I wasn't.

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

Definitely will do it again, if I can. And would consider being a cheerleader now I know what to expect.

Alternative-Read.com: The "Inside Story" by Sassy Brit and her Gang!
~http://www.twibes.com/group/READERSandREVIEWERS~Chat and Promo Group~WHAT'S ON YOUR DESK WEDNESDAY? Book Blog Meme!~We are actively seeking staff!~ FaceBook~ LibraryThing~ AmazonUK~ GoodReads~Technorati Categories:, , , ,, , ,, ,, ,, , , , , ,, ,, ,,, , , , , , ,

Dewy's 24hr-Read-A-Thon-2009: Sum up! Dewy's 24hr-Read-A-Thon-2009: Sum up! Reviewed by Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com on 12:25 pm Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. Great job, audiobooks takes month for me to finish, yup I am not an audio kind of gal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You got a lot accomplished, thats great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a sassy comment. It's truly appreciated. I aim to get back to you as soon as possible -- Sassy :)

Alternative-Read.com. Powered by Blogger.