REVIEW: I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier by Crystal Rose from Dark Roast Press - Alternative-Read.com

REVIEW: I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier by Crystal Rose from Dark Roast Press


Title: I'll be Your Drill,Soldier
Author: Crystal Rose
Website of Publisher: www.darkroastpress.com
Genre: Gay, M/M, Erotic Fiction, Contemporary
Publication Date: 2009
ISBN: N/A
Length: 576 Pages
Format: eBook
Reviewer: WitchGiggles
Alternative-Read.com

Disowned when he "outed" himself to his family, Ryan Gracin figured the best way to pay for his education was to let the Good Ole US of A-via the Army- do it. That was his first mistake. His second was to fall for the meanest, devil-be-damned Drill Sargent to ever train a recruit; especially since said Drill Sargent was training him to go out and face the realities of war. They didn't come any meaner than "Big Daddy" and Ryan discovered that he was more than just a gay man; he was a soldier.

Following in his dad's footsteps, Philip Grabowski has spent a lot of time in the army,trying to teach "kids" how to stay alive. The one thing he never expected was for one of those "kids" to affect him like a sucker punch to the heart. As well as thoughts of the things he'd like to perpetrate on Freckles' body are thoughts of how he'll get along without this recruit when it's time to let him go. Then sometimes fate steps in and hands you a rose.

This is a writer who paints with words and may she continue to do so. Her descriptiveness had me worrying about the characters, shouting with laughter, shedding tears, saying prayers and wanting to find and hug each and every one of them. They are so real as to be my neighbors, my friends, cousins; well, you get the picture I'm sure. They seem to come alive and step off the page and play out their drama in front of you. While you may look at the page count and groan, believe me they seem to fly by faster than would seem possible, but it's that ending, that lovely, intriguing ending.... this is a book I want to tell my friends about for it has a strength, character and sense of fairness I wish the world used, but sadly seems to have forgotten exists.

Alternative-Read.com: The "Inside Story" by Sassy Brit and her Gang!
Blog
FaceBook
Chat and Promo Group
We are actively seeking staff!
WHAT'S ON YOUR DESK WEDNESDAY? Book Blog Meme!
http://www.twibes.com/group/READERSandREVIEWERS

REVIEW: I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier by Crystal Rose from Dark Roast Press REVIEW: I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier by Crystal Rose from Dark Roast Press Reviewed by WitchGiggles on 3:30 pm Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a sassy comment. It's truly appreciated. I aim to get back to you as soon as possible -- Sassy :)

Alternative-Read.com. Powered by Blogger.