GROUP MEMBER NEWS: I have a release date! - Alternative-Read.com

GROUP MEMBER NEWS: I have a release date!

I have a release date of my follow up to `Starquest'! I thought I'd share my cover, and a blurb and short excerpt.

'BLURB'

Two minds united against a common foe. Two hearts afraid to show their love:

Long ago Tamarith fell for a man she knew she could never have, and she is convinced she will never love another. However, she cannot help but be intrigued by the handsome young stranger whose psychic powers exceed even her own.

Vidarh seeks only to find his purpose in life and to win the regard of his father. Thrown together by circumstances, then parted by an evil greater than they could have imagined, can Vidarh save the lovely woman who captivates him, before it is too late? Will he overcome the deadly enemy who threatens to destroy their planet - and will they find the happiness they both seek, or are they fated to live their lives alone?

EXCERPT:

You don't have far to go. I will keep sending you the directions.
You should be near the river now.

Yes. I hear it up ahead.

Be careful. We had heavier than usual snowstorms last winter. With the coming of spring, the melting snow and ice has swelled the volume of water.

Vidarh made his way along the tunnel, partly guided by his telepathic link with Tamarith, and partly by his own senses. Eventually it widened out into a large cave, through which the underground river roared as it cut its way through the mountain. On the shingle of the boulder-strewn shore, several small boats bobbed against their moorings. After ensuring his pack was securely fastened around his waist, he climbed into one, and lashed the torch to the prow. He cast off, and took up the paddle.

The river bore the craft along at a tremendous rate and it needed all his skill an attention to save the craft from dashing against the rocks. He'd heard about the fabled river of Mimir, but this was not the tranquil stream of his imagination. The walls still reflected a phosphorescent glow.Vidarh noticed several gigantic, human-like statueson the banks as he passed, but had no time to contemplate or admire them. Rounding a bend, he came upon a wall of water ahead, cascading from the roof in a fury of white froth.

The torrent boiled and raced. He gritted his teeth as he headed into the maelstrom. There was no way he could control the boat's frantic motions as it heaved and bucked like an unbroken colt. He threw down the paddle, gripped the sides of the vessel, and sent a desperate message through the ether. Tamarith, I'm in trouble. Please—send me images of your location, quickly. I need to know what it looks like where you are.

The raging current tossed the boat around with relentless fury. All Vidarh's attention focussed on maintaining contact with Tamarith, and even his finely-tuned powers could not prevent the craft from capsizing. Gasping as he hit the icy flood, he struck out with his arms in desperation, and tried to keep the watery demons from pulling him under.

Tamarith!

Lyn

My Website
http://www.hywelalyn.co.uk/
My Blog
http://hywelalyn.blogspot.com/
My Space
http://www.myspace.com/hywelalyn
My Polkerdot Banner Page
http://http//www.polkadotbanner.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&ta\
sk=userProfile&user=201

GROUP MEMBER NEWS: I have a release date! GROUP MEMBER NEWS: I have a release date! Reviewed by Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com on 2:08 pm Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a sassy comment. It's truly appreciated. I aim to get back to you as soon as possible -- Sassy :)

Alternative-Read.com. Powered by Blogger.