PAT CHAT: New Challenge: James Patterson Reading Challenge 2009 - Alternative-Read.com

PAT CHAT: New Challenge: James Patterson Reading Challenge 2009

New Challenge: James Patterson Reading Challenge



Hosted by: Socrates' Book Reviews

Time: August 15, 2009 - August 15, 2010 - I'm a bit late in joining, but I am sure I can pack in a few of his books, they are pretty quick reads.

Somehow his books just seem to collect in my house, and although they are not the first books I am drawn to, when I do pick one up I usually like them. I wouldn't say he is a literary genius, and the short length of his chapters (at least in the few books I have read) at times feels odd, as if incomplete.  Perhaps he's cheating me out of something that I am yet to learn? Yet there are other days I'm grateful for this, especially when I have lots of books on the go at once. The fact that I can pick up a James Patterson book, read a quick chapter and move on, suits me then.

They are also handy for what I call gaps of "wasted time" in which JP can be a great filler; traffic jams, waiting rooms, and many other times where you just do not want to get caught up in a lengthily, complex plot - only to be interrupted before the end of the chapter.

He has also been heavily criticised. It was once reported that Stephen King dismissed Patterson's bibliography as being made up of "dopey thrillers," and in one interview called him a "terrible writer."

Like him or hate him, as a top selling author with a solid fan base, you've got to admire him  - he's definitely doing something right!

Who would you say our English equivalent is?

Mo Hayder?
Simon Kernick? 

Is there anyone quite like Patterson?

My List: (Will be magically added here when I start reading some!)


Sassy
:)

Alternative-Read.com: The "Inside Story" by Sassy Brit and her Gang!
~http://www.twibes.com/group/READERSandREVIEWERS~Chat and Promo Group~WHAT'S ON YOUR DESK WEDNESDAY? Book Blog Meme!~We are actively seeking staff!~ FaceBook~ LibraryThing~ AmazonUK~ GoodReads~ Technorati Categories:, , , ,, , ,, ,, ,, , , , , ,, ,, ,,, , , , , , ,

PAT CHAT: New Challenge: James Patterson Reading Challenge 2009 PAT CHAT: New Challenge: James Patterson Reading Challenge 2009 Reviewed by Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com on 10:43 pm Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is a challenge I should join, I am a huge James Patterson fan and I am sure by the time this challenge ends I could read 10 books. Hmm perhaps I might do it. :)

    thanks for bringing it to my attention. I have a bunch of his new books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy!

    Oh I hope you go for it. It will be fun for sure!

    Glad I could bring it to your attention.

    Sassy
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a sassy comment. It's truly appreciated. I aim to get back to you as soon as possible -- Sassy :)

Alternative-Read.com. Powered by Blogger.